Do you love being a sponsor? Do you wish you could help even more children get sponsored? Even though your wallet won’t allow you to sponsor every single child?
You can help more children get sponsors! And you can share the joy of sponsorship with your friends and family.
From now till June 24, we need 210 new sponsors to meet the needs of children in Africa and the Caribbean for our Be One, Find One challenge.
Here are some easy ways you can join the Be One, Find One challenge.
1. The simplest way is to talk about how much you enjoy sponsoring a child. Talk about your sponsored child’s letters. Your sponsored child is part of your life; tell others about them.
2. Put their photo and letters in a prominent place in your home or office.
3. Try preparing a dish from your sponsored child’s country and sharing it with friends. This will give you a chance to talk about why sponsorship is important to you. (Looking for recipes? Here’s are some from Malawi, Uganda, Sierra Leone, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti.)
4. Involve the important people in your life in your sponsorship. Ask friends and family to be on the lookout for fun stationary you can write letters on or interesting stickers you can send to your sponsored child, or let them help you decorate your letters. When they see how much joy you get from sponsoring, they might be interested in sponsoring too.
5. Do you send photos to your sponsored child? One way to talk about sponsorship with friends and family is to take photos with the important people in your life, telling them that the photo is for your sponsored child.
6. Did you ever do a "Flat Stanley" project? You could send a photo of your sponsored child to a friend or family member and ask them to take a picture of it in an interesting place. This will give you something fun to tell your sponsored child. For example, “Your photo visited the state of Texas! Your photo got to meet my grandparents and even attended a softball game.” This way you can involve family members with your sponsorship and show your sponsored child different parts of your of life.
7. Ask to speak about sponsorship at your service club, Bible study, etc.
8. Share a child’s profile on your favorite social media account.
9. Host a sponsorship event (like Orphan Sunday) at your church.
10. Pray that God will stir up the hearts of future sponsors! Pray with us that we get enough sponsors to provide happy, healthy lives and bright futures for all the children who are waiting to be sponsored.
Thank you so much for caring about the children!
P.S. Not a sponsor yet? You can start sponsoring today.